This nationally recognised accredited course prepares you to respond to emergency situations involving infants, children and adults by providing you with the skills and knowledge in first aid treatment, Asthma & Anaphylaxis.
This course may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training requirements under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011). For more information please visit http://acecqa.gov.au/First-aid-qualifications-and-training.
Course Delivery times: 9am – 4pm = approx. 7 hours face to face classes plus pre-course study
We also offer 22282VIC Management of Asthma Risks in the Workplace $40 and 22300VIC First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis $40 with or without HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation $60
Content: This course particularly applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Respond to and manage an unconscious casualty
- Perform CPR
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Communicate details of the incident
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Asthma and anaphylaxis
- Respiratory and airway emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Bleeding and shock
- Diabetes, epilepsy and seizures
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Traumatic injuries to the head, spine, chest, abdomen and pelvis
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Extremes of temperature
- First aid requirements for services under the Education and Care Services National Law
Units on Statement of Attainment: HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Recommended recertification period: 3 years (with CPR to be renewed every 12 months)
Course Cost: $150